Small Group English Language Courses for Teenagers
At Kingsdown House we are passionate about small group learning to help you achieve your best in English.
We will make sure you enjoy an exciting stay on the coast, where you will be safe and happy, in a caring English family environment.
You will be in learning in a small group of around 6 students in the mornings. Anita, your teacher, has over 15 years of experience teaching English; and has worked for many years as a specialist speech and language therapist.
- 30+ hours of English tuition
- Students aged from 12 to 18 years
- Stays of two weeks throughout the year
- Language-rich activities and trips
- Courses tailored to students’ requirements
- Students assessed on arrival
- Certificate of achievement at the end of the course
- Opportunities to learn about British culture and heritage
- Full board with delicious traditional British food
- Groups of mature learners – please enquire for details
Your tutor is a highly specialist language teacher with experience of over 15 years teaching.
The English course at Kingsdown House will enable you to make significant improvement in all aspects of language and communication.
The small class size of usually 4 – 7 students, enables each learner to make maximum progress.
We assess you on arrival to find the areas where you need most help. We then tailor the teaching materials and lessons to the individual and to their preferences.
- Expand your vocabulary
- Improve your grammar, especially verb tenses
- Practise writing and spelling
- Work on pronunciation
- Opportunities to speak and listen to English
- Conversations with the family during the day
- 30+ hours of English tuition
|08:00 – 09:00||Breakfast|
|09:00 – 12:30||Tuition (Four lessons)|
|13:00 – 14:00||Lunch (Light meal + fruit)|
|14:00 – 18:00||Trips/sports/activities|
|18:00 – 19:00||Evening meal (Homemade & locally sourced where possible)|
|19:00 – 22:00||Trips/sports/activities|
|08:00 – Evening||Trip to London|
Trip to a place of interest
Where is the School?
It is a sunny seaside town situated in East Kent with wonderful sandy beaches and a beautiful Royal Harbour. There is a lot to do and see with something to suit everyone.
Very close to London
Within an hour’s reach of London, it is perfect for exciting excursions, enabling you to experience the best this world-class city has to offer.
Trips & Activities
We have an amazing programme of trips, sports & activities.
London, Dover Castle, Leeds Castle, Canterbury, St Augustine’s Abbey, Richborough Roman Fort, Charles Dickens House, Turner Contemporary Art Gallery, Coastal Areas and Sandy Beaches..
Archery, surfing, canoeing, paint-balling, tennis, badminton, croquet, table tennis, swimming, golf lessons, volley ball, football, basketball, mini-golf and cricket.
Watch popular British films, learn about British history, learn to cook well known British recipes, visit the cinema, do pottery painting, go fruit picking, visit a British law court.
See what previous students and parents have said…
We felt completely at home because you treated us as lovely and kind as we were a family.Wiebke, 15
We would like to stay here for a longer time. We had a lot of fun to cook the meals and they were always tasty.Emma, 14
Learning with you seemed to be so easy and it was incredible to notice how everyone was getting better from day to day.Viola, 16
We had lots of fun and the programme was very interesting and included all our desires.Lisa, 15
The activities were great, especially the trips to London were amazing.Franziska, 15
These two weeks were one of the best experiences of my entire life.Lisa, 16
We will tell our friends about you and the perfect time we had here in RamsgateLauren, 13
She really loved her stay with you: the house, the food, the lesson, you and your family, the other girls, everything!Ann, parent
I want to say how much Antonia enjoyed the stay at yours, how much she learned, and how much she spoke of all the great experiences she made. Everything sounded so wonderful.Parent
Thank you that you filled Lasse with enthusiasm for Britain and the English language. Thank you!Jutta, parent
She was especially impressed with your English teaching. She showed me the workbooks and she's is convinced that she learned more in two weeks with you than in two years at school!!!Parent
A charming 200-year-old house on the coast. There is a sitting room for relaxing and watching films in the evenings. A separate building in the garden is used as a classroom.
The student bedrooms are spread across the three floors. The twin rooms are shared with sinks and have easy access to bathrooms.
Full board with delicious traditional British food. We are able to cater to students’ food requirements. Please contact us for more details.
Free Wi-Fi access
6.30am – 11.00pm
available on request.
Course Dates / Fees
2016 – £1360
2 Week Programme – (30+ hours tuition)
- Sunday 09.10.2016 – Saturday 22.10.2016
2017 – £1390
2 Week Programmes – (30+ hours tuition)
- Sunday 19.02.2017 – Saturday 04.03.2017
- Sunday 05.03.2017 – Saturday 18.03.2017
- Sunday 19.03.2017 – Saturday 01.04.2017
- Sunday 02.04.2017 – Saturday 15.04.2017
- Sunday 09.04.2017 – Saturday 22.04.2017
- Sunday 23.04.2017 – Saturday 06.05.2017
- Sunday 07.05.2017 – Saturday 20.05.2017
- Sunday 21.05.2017 – Saturday 03.06.2017
- Sunday 04.06.2017 – Saturday 17.06.2017
- Sunday 18.06.2017 – Saturday 01.07.2017
- Sunday 02.07.2017 – Saturday 15.07.2017
- Sunday 16.07.2017 – Saturday 29.07.2017
- Sunday 30.07.2017 – Saturday 12.08.2017
- Sunday 13.08.2017 – Saturday 26.08.2017
- Sunday 27.08.2017 – Saturday 09.09.2017
- Sunday 10.09.2017 – Saturday 23.09.2017
- Sunday 24.09.2017 – Saturday 07.10.2017
- Sunday 08.10.2017 – Saturday 21.10.2017
Email us for more information and booking a place.
Host Tutor: Mrs Anita Branton
Address: Kingsdown House, 17 Albion Road, Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 8DJ, England
Tel: +44 (0)789 0317 940
Member of the English Speaking Union, Dartmouth House, London
Member of the Thanet, East Kent and Dover Chamber of Commerce