- Enjoy living and learning with a friendly English family by the sea.
- English tuition for 15 hours per week within a language-rich programme.
- Stays of 2 weeks: spring, summer, autumn and winter.
- Small groups of students, aged from 13 to 19 years.
- Groups of students aged between 9 years and 13 years - please enquire for details.
- Groups of mature learners - please enquire for details.
- Family or friendship groups - please enquire for details.
- One to one tuition (15 hours +) is available for all ages during non-holiday times (October to March).
- Courses are tailored to students' requirements.
- Students are assessed on arrival and receive a certificate of achievement at the end of the course.
- Every afternoon and evening students enjoy trips, sports or activities.
- An option to spend an afternoon in a British school.
- Opportunities to learn about British culture and heritage.
- Full board with delicious traditional British food.
- Host Tutor Anita Branton
- Fully qualified English Language Teacher (TESOL).
- Experienced Speech and Language Therapist (BSc).
- Nine years working in secondary schools focusing on language teaching, memory and thinking skills.
- Expertise in teaching linguistics, phonetics and literacy.
- Fifteen years experience hosting students from around the world.
- Detached Victorian town house built in 1839 with historic features.
- Three storey building with four twin bedrooms available.
- Bathroom dedicated to students (all bedrooms have basins).
- Comfortable guest accommodation, with access to communal living areas.
- Situated just over an hour away from London on the South Coast.
- Close to historic sites: Sandwich, Walmer, Dover and Chatham, etc.
- 20 minute drive to the most visited city outside London - Canterbury.
- 30 minute coastal walk to the beautiful seaside town of Broadstairs.
- 2 minute walk to the picturesque beach and harbour in Ramsgate.
- Opportunities to meet English people.
- Experience enjoyable trips, sports and activities.
- Spend a day in London visiting the most famous sights and attractions.
- Take part in trips around the county of Kent visiting castles and museums, etc.
- 08:00 - 09:00 Breakfast
- 09:00 - 12:30 Tuition (Four lessons)
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch (Light meal + fruit)
- 14:00 - 18:00 Trips, sports, activities*
- 18:00 - 19:00 Evening meal (Homemade & locally sourced where possible)
- 19:00 - 22:00 Trips, sports, activities*
- 08:00 - Evening Educational trip to London
- Afternoon - Educational trip to a place of interest
- Walmer Castle; Dover Castle, tunnels and museum; Leeds Castle; Canterbury Cathedral, museum and city centre; St Augustine’s Abbey; Richborough Roman Fort; Broadstairs ice-cream parlour, Charles Dickens House; Turner Contemporary Art Gallery; Garden of England walks to see orchards and vineyards; coastal cliffs; sandy beaches.
- Tennis, badminton, croquet, table tennis, pool, swimming, golf, volley ball, football, rounders and cricket.
- Watch popular British films e.g. ‘The Importance of Being Ernest’ by Oscar Wilde from our large selection of films; learn about British history and annual events in the British social calendar; learn to cook a well known British recipe; visit the cinema; do pottery painting; go fruit picking; see a working deep-sea fishing boat; visit a British law court.
- Mr Ian Branton is a Primary School Teacher and visiting students have contact with our four children, who are respectively working in: Occupational Therapy (Fine Art); Economics (fluent Mandarin speaker); Nutrition and Dietetics; and Graphic Design in Canterbury and London. We are very experienced in working with young people, and students have a great time as well as making significant progress with their language and communication skills.
- “...I have learned so much and my English is much better. I will never forget you and the friendly relationship these two weeks.”
Anna – Netherlands
- “... I have learned more in an hour with you than a week in any language school. I’m very happy that I could stay in your beautiful house.”
Zarina – Slovakia
- “...I enjoyed spending time with you. Ramsgate is a beautiful town. I learned a lot with you. Anita, you cook very well.”
Laura – France
- “...you are the most lovely and friendly family that I could meet.”
Stefania – Italy
- The price is £1360 for a two week course.
- Two week courses (maximum of 6 students in a group).
- Tuition (15 hours per week), trips, sports and activities are included in the price, as are all meals and accommodation.
- A deposit of £200 will secure a place on the course (non-refundable), and the remaining balance is due 4 weeks prior to arrival.
- Additional one to one tuition can be offered at £40 per hour.
- One to one tuition (15 hours a week) is available during non-holiday times. All ages are welcome.
- Transfers to and from the airports are not included in the price: travel options can be sent on request.
- Students must take out their own travel insurance for health, safety and liability.
- Travel to and from the London airports: Gatwick, Heathrow, Stansted, and Luton etc. can be arranged by train or taxi.
- Students arriving by train will be met at Ramsgate railway station.
- If you would like more information - please contact us at any time, we would be happy to talk to you.
- Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday 09.10.2016 - Saturday 22.10.2016 (2wks)
- Sunday 19.02.2017 - Saturday 04.03.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 05.03.2017 - Saturday 18.03.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 19.03.2017 - Saturday 01.04.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 02.04.2017 - Saturday 15.04.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 09.04.2017 - Saturday 22.04.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 23.04.2017 - Saturday 06.05.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 07.05.2017 - Saturday 20.05.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 21.05.2017 - Saturday 03.06.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 04.06.2017 - Saturday 17.06.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 18.06.2017 - Saturday 01.07.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 02.07.2017 - Saturday 15.07.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 16.07.2017 - Saturday 29.07.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 30.07.2017 - Saturday 12.08.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 13.08.2017 - Saturday 26.08.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 27.08.2017 - Saturday 09.09.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 10.09.2017 - Saturday 23.09.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 24.09.2017 - Saturday 07.10.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 08.10.2017 - Saturday 21.10.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 22.10.2017 - Saturday 04.11.2017 (2wks)
- Sunday 05.11.2017 - Saturday 18.11.2017 (2wks)
Address: Kingsdown House, 17 Albion Road, Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 8DJ, England
Tel: +44 (0)1843 586650
Member of the English Speaking Union, Dartmouth House, London
Member of the Thanet, East Kent and Dover Chamber of Commerce